Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weightloss Tip

Today's weightloss tip is planned leftovers!


It's easy to add some extra meat and veggies when you're cooking anyway, then use them to make a meal the next day.

I like to cook extra chicken breasts or tenders when the oven is on for something else. Then I can use the cooked chicken to top my lunch salad the next day, add to veggie soup, make sandwiches, chicken salad or bunches of other quick meals.

Having those extra prepared ingredients ready to go can be the difference between having a healthy planned meal and a desperation that really shouldn't be on the menu. Very little extra work, saving on energy cost when you're cooking anyway and helping make future meals less work, a good idea all around!

1 comment:

  1. We have left over cabbage, patatos and carrots from corn beef and cabbage last night. The corn beef is gone. Is there anything good I can do with the cabbage, patatos and carrots? I'd like to eat them so that they get used... but straight boiled cabbage... Good in small quantities. Not so good in a half a freaking cabbage sized quantities.

    Also, I've been wondering about what kind of options I have for lunch while at school. I have established that the cafeteria food at HCC makes me violently ill (thrice). Fast food often times makes me ill. But if I carry something perishable, its likely to give up its livelihood before I eat it (unless I leave it in the luke-warm, bad smelling refrigerator at work where someone else will eat it first, like an evil little piggy that should be tenderized with a good violent sticking and then jettisoned into a volcano's lava filled crater). ?

    Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete