Thursday, January 15, 2009

Planting

The gardening bug has me already this year!

I filled up a few pots with mustard greens, carrots and radishes. Those should be done before it's time to plant my main veggies. I filled up my giant strawberry pot too, with some pathetic looking bare root strawberries, but they were cheap! Hopefully they'll perk up a bit and come back to life. I tried a new planting method, using a pipe drilled full of holes in the center of the strawberry pot to get water to spread deeper. I took pictures, but my main computer is still acting up so I can't get them online yet. Soon! If we can't get it fixed soon I'll just save them to disk and transfer them to the laptop that way.

I also had a great find! HUGE pots on sale at Kmart for about $5! They're seriously monsters. I may plant a tree in one, I'd love a dwarf orange or lemon for my patio. I bought 3 of the huge pots, the other two I can't decide what to do with. Carrots, tomatoes, beans, peas? I have some large pots I can use, but nothing else nearly that big! I'm planning to put scarlet runner beans in large pots to climb up the pergola on the deck, with small veggies around the base in the same pot. A large pot of tomatoes, another of bush beans, zucchini in there somewhere - I have big plans this year! Can't wait to get it all going.

No comments:

Post a Comment