Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Green tip of the day

I'm going to try to start offering a Green Tip as often as I can - something good for the environment, your bank account and you!

Today's tip is washcloths. You can buy the fancy eco friendly pricy ones, or the cheap packs of them for about $3 at Walmart. The green part comes in how you use them. Instead of spending money on paper towels to dry hands and clean baby faces, I've started using washcloths. I keep a nice basket of them near the sink, right under the paper towel holder. They're handy to grab to dry hands, clean dishes, clean the kids, wipe down counters - almost anything you'd use a paper towel for. Then just toss them in the laundry with all the other towels. I've calculated it saves us about $5/month, and an entire bag of garbage produced! It costs us nothing but the price to buy the washcloths. Very handy! Does a much better job cleaning up the kids after lunch too!

No comments:

Post a Comment