Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Weightloss Tip of the Day

Today's weightloss tip is to work exercise into something you have to do anyway!

With a 2 year old and almost 1 year old, I spend a lot of time cleaning. I clean most of the house almost every day to round up all the stray Cheerios and make sure there's no gross toddler messes hidden behind the TV. I work my workout into my cleaning, by doing simple exercises as I get boring tasks done. If I'm laying on the floor looking under the TV stand, I do a couple pushups while I'm down there. Do calf extensions or squats while washing windows and cleaning counters. March in place or dance while doing dishes. Yes, it seems silly at first, but when movement becomes incorporated into your daily routine it's easy to burn a lot more calories without a lot more time, or being able to dedicate a lot of time to just exercise.

At the end of the day you'll feel better! Having all the chores done and your workout helps soothe the body and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment